Monday, December 10, 2012

Ramen Noodles with Eggs and Veggies

I have found that I am really bad at eating well if I'm fending for myself. If you look around my room at any given moment, you will most likely see candy, potato chips, and cookies. While the last two years, I've gotten away with the excuse of "Oh, well I have a pre-paid meal plan, there's really no reason for me to make my own *healthier* food," but that's not the case anymore!
I love eating Shin Ramyun noodles. They are my go to whenever I need a quick meal, that is fast and easy. But I've found that you can't really eat soup year round. So what do you do? Well, usually I have eggs and some form of veggies around, so I make fried noodles. Today I'll show you how to make them, as well! 
Here's what you'll need.

  • A pack of Ramen noodles. I personally love Shin Ramyun, but any will do just fine! 
  • Some veggies! I really love getting a stir fry kit from Stop'n'Shop, because everything comes pre-cut, and all you have to do is wash it! 
  • An egg, or two. 
  • Olive oil
  • Siracha (optional) 
Follow the instructions on the sleeve for how long to cook boil the noodles. If it has a vegetable pack, you can add it in with the noodles so it plumps up. Save the soup pack for later. You'll need it to season the eggs and noodles. ;)
As you're waiting for the water to boil and noodles to boil, you can chop up your vegetables a bit more. I like having bite size pieces of broccoli, rather than huge chunks, but it's really up to you! 
Get the eggs going, and season them with a little bit of the soup base. Make sure to de-clump the soup base! I accidentally added too much of it there, and it turned the eggs a little orange, but it was still delicious. Mix the egg around. Then add the vegetables and noodles. 
At this point you can put a little bit of Siracha in or you can serve it as is. Put on a plate, and serve! Delicious. :) 

--Sheilly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like Christmas presents-- you can never have enough! ;)
I will definitely reply as soon as I can! :)

Thanks for reading again!