Monday, November 19, 2012

Pomegranate, Craisin, Spinach Salad w. Balsamic Vinaigrette


I still can't get over how well Friendsgiving went two days ago. I swear the taste of everything is still lingering in my mouth. We still have a slice of pie in the fridge, which is begging to be eaten right now.
Personally I can not get over the salad. The salad was just the most delicious salad I've ever eaten... ever. It was made so quickly, but it tasted so fresh and the balsamic vinaigrette was perfect.
Inspiration for the salad came from my favorite fall fruit: pomegranate. I truly do wish it were available year round. I suppose the freeze dried pomegranate candies I buy should suffice when the season is over, but til then? I'll buy one every week! Amanda and I also had a million bunches of spinach in our fridge. (Alright, I may be exaggerating, but we had a lot!) And as Amanda reminded me, you can't have a Thanksgiving feast without cranberries!
Pomegranate, Craisin, Spinach Salad w. Balsamic Vinaigrette. (AKA The best salad ever.) 
For the salad: 1 Pomegranate, A Packet of Craisins (Or dried cranberries, if you have them!), a bunch of Spinach leaves. 
For the vinaigrette: 4 1/2 Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar, 4 Teaspoons Olive Oil, Some pomegranate juice. (optional), salt and pepper. 
Mix the vinegar and olive oil until the consistency is perfect, add in pomegranate juice if you want, add salt and pepper to taste! 
Thoroughly rinse spinach leaves, and roughly chop them up. Add in as much pomegranate seeds and cranberries as you wish. Drizzle lightly with the vinaigrette, toss gently and enjoy! 
-- Sheilly 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like Christmas presents-- you can never have enough! ;)
I will definitely reply as soon as I can! :)

Thanks for reading again!