Monday, June 23, 2014

Bubbles Burst: Adult Life Begins?

A wonderful sweet card from my dear friend, Liz!
So where were we.... oh right, I finished college like a month ago (what the WHAT?!?). I graduated, and after a couple of small things I'm in the process of doing, I will be a happy person with a Bachelors of Science in Bioengineering and a Bachelors of Arts in German Literature and Language. It's all quite really strange to be honest, but nothing that isn't too out of the ordinary for most of my peers now.

I mean... here's a picture of the back of my head. But I mean, the pineapple on my cap is worthy of an A+ and should be featured on Psych's fan page. 
What was strange was the month gap I had between my internship with the State of New Hampshire Public Health Lab and graduation. During that time I was in a bubble. I managed to accomplish some small house projects, completely redid my closet, watched a ton of soccer, and sleep a ton. While it was great doing that for the first two weeks, it got repetitive and I felt like I was missing something. At first, it felt like I was just out of place at home, seeing as how I've spent the majority of the last four years in New York, surrounded by friends that I've had since freshman year. But there was definitely more to that.
It's so easy to say "Oh, right now, I want to take a break and see where I can go." It's another thing to actually take that time to do some soul searching and just freak out because you don't know what to do or why you decided a break was a good idea in the first place. Needless to say, I figured out a temporary plan for the immediate future, and hopefully it'll set the groundwork for whatever I choose to do soon.
Clearly the antics of a college graduate. Also, why does my camera insist it is 2006?
However, nothing is set in stone and whatever does in the future, I am certain happens for the best. So on that note, congratulations to all the graduates of 2014- high school, college, whatever else there is. Whatever you've just accomplished- it only is the beginning. :)

xoxo
Sheilly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like Christmas presents-- you can never have enough! ;)
I will definitely reply as soon as I can! :)

Thanks for reading again!