Saturday, March 29, 2014

And I Will Run 5 Kilometers, and I Can't Walk 5 Meters More after that.


I'm running a 5k guys!
And by that I mean, I'm training to run a 5k called the Ladies Night Out Run hopefully on June 21st!

More information on the run here!

I was supposed to start training this week, but I ended up getting a nasty bout of allergies or a cold midway through the week. At the moment, I know I can do about 2.87 miles in about a half hour on a treadmill. However, it's not an easy task for me, and my legs became boneless for the rest of the day. (You know that feeling when your legs just don't work, and just feel like jelly? That's the feeling of being boneless.)

Accurate representation of me after coming back from the gym.

I got two of my friends involved in my this 5k program. My roommate (begrudgingly) will be training with me, although not to run the race. My other friend will actually be like my trainer and give me tips, and keep motivated throughout this program. I'm very excited to see where it goes, although I am also a bit nervous.

For anyone curious: I'm doing a mix of the couch to 5k training program and just regular gym goings. Once the weather in NY decides to clear up, and is a little warmer, I'm planning on running outside to increase my distance, but not speed.

Should be fun, and excruciating. YAY?
Sheilly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like Christmas presents-- you can never have enough! ;)
I will definitely reply as soon as I can! :)

Thanks for reading again!